11.19.2007

Madonna > The Beastie Boys.

Mad-Hyphy Thing Of The Day: Me, obviously.

So a few days ago I was lingering over the Date book section of my local newspaper, and I saw an article regarding the 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees. (You can read the article here, if you want.) It got me thinking. 'Hey, I've been to the Rock Hall, last summer, actually. Who would I, Fangirl, want in the Hall's Hallowed hallways?' Well, maybe not as poetic. But you get the gist of it.

Nominees are selected as people or groups that first recorded at least twenty-five years ago, and have impacted the music industry in some way, shape, or form. When/if they make it in, they get to swank around saying that yes, they are rock stars, and yes, they actually did make it big and have you seen that picture of me standing next to my own exhibit. (Personally, I'd rather see Green Day in the Hall, but I've got about seven years to go for that one.)

Out of the many nominees, I can only think of two that would really get to make it in; Madonna and the Beastie Boys. I know, they're old and no one cares any more. (Well, I do, but whatever.) Personally, I'd prefer seeing Madonna make it in, due to a few reasons.

A) She's actually a 'rock' star, unlike the Beastie Boys. Last I checked, they're a hip-hop group. I'm not saying they're bad, but they need to go off to the Hip-Hop Hall of Fame or whatever.

B) There aren't a lot of women in the Hall. And here I go, using the same mentality Hilary Clinton is using to pressure her way into the Oval Office. But whatever. I just think Madonna should represent the females in the rock world.

C) She cosplayed Mello for her music video 'Jump!' Actually, I think this is the biggest reason I want her in there. She freakin' dressed up as one of my favorite characters (and did better than you will ever), danced around in a way the /real/ Mello would never, and do I really need to say anymore? In case you were wondering WTH Mello is, watch the M.V.O.T.W. Mello's the blond boy with the gun.

So there you have it. My take on who should make it into the Rock Hall, superficiality the way we anime fan girls do it, and a big fat freakin' plug for my external links. Yaaaay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola! I'm in Mexico and all the stuff for your websites in spanish.. It's all like "Haga su comentario." I thought that was pretty great. Anywho, Madonna should totally be in the hall of fame. No question. I love 80's music and she is like the queen of that. I don't really listen to her that much but I think she's done some great stuff. But I LOOOOVE the Beastie Boys. I dunno, I just really like boy rock bands. I'm all for feminine rights but I prefer male artists in general. Anyways, I think they both deserve a spot in history in the hof. So that's just my little opinion on that. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

only love, Wild
Child

PotterLover said...

OMG yeah. Madonna totally should be in the Hall of Fame. The Beastie Boys are cool, I guess, but Madonna is so much better.

Happy Thanksgiving and eat lots of turkey! (and cranberry sauce... YUM!)

xoxo PotterLover

The Fangirl said...

Thanks for the comments, you guys, it's so great to see that I have such loyal readers.

You people should win a freakin' prize or something! :D

smile4me2plz said...

yea i agree.
madonna is so amazing.
shes a rly good role model too........ well a hella lot better than britney spears.